Amazon has certain core values which says that if you are known to be a single contributor or you have large team then it is possible for you to be an Amazon leader. This type of strategies are maintained by the Amazon’s leadership styles and each and every individual of Amazon is guided by it.
Certain core Practices which Amazon has always believed are:
- Hire the best of the staff
- Always focus on the high standards
- Always think big
- Trust can always be earned
- Focus on results
Amazon Selection Details
1st round: Online written Technical Test.
It included : i) 20 Multiple type Questions
ii) 2 programming Questions
Correct Answer will get you 1 mark and for wrong answer -0.25 will be deducted.
Questions on programming can be like:
1. Write a program to find the difference between the sum of nodes at odd height and the sum of nodes at even height.
2. Given an array of integers representing coin values and the sum required. find the number of coins required to get the sum.
Technical Rounds: There were in total of 4 Technical Rounds. After each round Candidates will be eliminated. Questions on Data structures are asked basically. Technical Round lasts up to 60 to 90 mins.
Technical Questions basically Asked are:
1. Write a program to traverse the tree in spiral form in O(n) time.(Hint:use two stacks)
2. Program to implement atoi function
3. Program to swap the k th node from end and kth node from front
4. Program to find loops in linked list
5. Find the maximum length palindrome in a string
6. Difference between process and thread
7. Advantages and disadvantages of thread and process
8. Test cases for checking binary tree
9. Test case for atoi function
10. Test cases for finding loops in the single linked list
Jobs : Placement Criteria for Amazon
Amazon offers job opportunities for profiles like:
- Software developing Engineer
- Product Managers
- Merchandise managers
- IT experts
- Finance Managers
- HR Managers
For Candidates who have Completed B-tech or MBA or PGDM with certain specialization can apply for Amazon
Hiring Process : Placement Criteria for Amazon
The initial hiring process at amazon comprises of at least three rounds:
Written test paper has two sections:
- Section A includes: verbal ability which comprises of comprehension, sentence making, Synonyms and Antonyms and basic Grammar. Also reasoning Questions are included in Section A.
- Section B includes technical and Aptitude questions which include basic maths, time and distance, permutations, percentages etc.
Group discussion is the elimination round which would consists of some general topics and current affairs. Some GD topics are given here for practice:
- Can women be better managers
- Role of media in development
- Black vs white
- Fixing in cricket matches
- Rural development in India
- Fdi in retail boon or bane
- Corruption in the society
- Rising crimes in India who is responsible?
Personal Interview is more difficult to crack. To qualify this your concepts regarding the subject needs to be clear. Some interview questions are given for practice:
- How can you contribute to the growth graph of Amazon?
- How would you manage Amazon’s Product?
- How would you build Amazon’s web services?
- Why you want to work for Amazon?
- Tell us about your dream job?
- tell us about your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are short and long term goals to be achieved?
- What is your favorite pass time?
Educational qualification Criteria
Graduation in Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
Additional Requirements in Placement Criteria For Amazon
- Basic and Strong knowledge in subjects like data structures, design analysis and algorithms.
- Experience in the field of User Interface design. Knowledge in the field of development is also required.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices.
- Good Communication Skills, Strong sense of ownership, drive for passion and ability to deliver results in time.
Practice well. All The Best to you
similar search results:
please give your valuable suggestions on the article. Your comments are most awaited.