Castrol India Limited. is also known as CIL, is an automotive and industrial lubricant manufacturing company with its headquarters in Mumbai and Maharashtra. It is the 2nd largest manufacturer of automotive and industrial lubricants in the Indian Lubricant market. It has 5 manufacturing plants that are networked with 270 distributors, serving over 70,000 retail outlet. CIL is started in the year 1979 under the name of Indrol Lubricants and Specialist Pvt Ltd. In 1990 the name of the company was changed from Indrol Lubricants and Specialist Pvt Ltd to Castrol India Limited.
The products of Castrol are oil, petroleum, petrochemical and lubricants. CIL is the part of BP group worldwide. It is the public Ltd company with 70.92% of the equity held by Castrol Ltd UK.The products of Castrol are used to manufacture telephone cable jellies, pharmaceuticals jellies, and industrial waxes. CIL introduces a wide range of futuristic lubes which will help it to maintain its position as the market leader. The company has a wide marketing network consisting of 12,000 dealer outlets. Castrol EDGE Rankings rate player performance in the top 5 European Laagus.
CIL RECRUITMENT 2013:
CIL is looking for well equipped and dedicated Graduate Engineers for the recruitment as Officers in the following engineering disciplines:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Production Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
Educational Qualification: Minimum educational qualification for the employment in the above mentioned positions are:
• Candidates must have awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
• Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks. It is relaxed to ‘pass’ for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People With Disability (PWD) candidates.
• Cut off should be 60% all through career.
• IQ/Intelligence test
• Group discussion
• Personal interview for the assessment of different skills.
Technical interview questions:
1. What is the full form of LIBOR?
Ans: London Inter Bank Offered Rate, Labors are forward foreign exchange interest rate.
2. What is powder Technology?
Ans: Power Technology is a procurement and reference resource providing a one-stop-shop for professionals and decision makers with in the power and energy industries.
3. What are the various design factor to choose a casting?
Ans: The design engineer must consider function, stress, strain, fatigue, environment, corrosion, service temperature, conductivity, fabrication Vs casting, cosmetics.
4. What is Drilling Engineering?
Ans: Drilling engineers design and implement procedures to drill wells as safety and economically as possible. Drilling engineers are often degred as petroleum engineers.
5. What happens to the oil when it reaches the surface facilities?
Ans: Oil chemicals entering the ocean have many fates. Volatile chemicals are lost by evaporation to the atmosphere. Photo chemical reaction are broken by other chemical (catalyzed by sunlight). The degradation of such oil is done by bacteria. Some of the oil may stay very deep for a long time.
HR Interview Questions:
1. How you spend your leisure time?
Ans: In my leisure time I will concentrate in drawing, if I get free time then I used to draw pictures and I will try to know some easy way to draw. It makes my mind fresh.
2. What will be your position after 5 years from now?
Ans: After 5 years I will get a good experience in my job and my position will be a project leader.
3. What are your goals?
4. Can you work under pressure?
5. What is your uniqueness compared to others?
Ans: I have a good listening and gossiping skills and also have a good leadership qualification. This will make me unique compared to others.
Global Lubricant Technology Center.
ADDRESS:B.P.T Plot No:2023,
New Trombay Road,
Phone-91 22 66101800,
One can also refer to the following similar links:-
Your views are valuable to us. Any type of suggestion will be highly appreciated.