HOW TO PREPARE FOR CIVIL SERVICES
[MAINS} WITH PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
HOW TO PREPARE FOR CIVIL SERVICES. Public Administration has been one of the favorite subjects of civil service aspirants because of its relevance. Apart from this,pub ad’s syllabus covers a big portion of General Studies 2 AMD Gs 4. A lot of topics of general studies like constitution,governance,ethics etc. can be covered if one chooses pub ad as optional.
The books for pub ad paper 1 are-
- Mohit Bhattacharya
- Prasad and Prasad
- Laxmikant/Fadia and Fadia/Awasthi and Awasthi
Books for Paper 2-
Books of same authors for Paper 2.
- The syllabus can take 4 to 6 months to be completed.
- Covering the thinkers part is the most important thing in pub ad. In recent years,thinkers unheard of or thinkers not mentioned in boooks like Prasad and Prasad have been asked in the exam. Starting from thinkers sectioin will automatically cover many cocepts.
- It is vital to look for new areas and related thinkers from other sources like internet. now a days,UPSC asks from topics like new pub ad,new developmental administraion etc.
- IGNOU material and IIPA journals also help.
- Paper 2 is about application of knowledge of polity. Questions are related to current affairs. So,being uptodate and relating current events to polity are important. There are many areas which are common in GS 2 and Pub Ad 2.
- Apart from reading,writing practice is also necessary.