REGISTER SAT & EXAM PATTERN
REGISTER SAT & EXAM PATTERN –Sat is considered to be a very important test specially for students seeking admissions to undergraduate programs for US and Canada universities as this score is considered to verify student’s profile and selection.
This exam helps to verify student’s mathematical, written and verbal skills required ahead for a successful career. Get to know more about what is SAT exam .
Also know more about the preparation of SAT examinations-SAT preparation – OurEdu BlogOurEdu Blog
TYPES OF SAT
SAT exam is of two types-
SAT: This test analyzes the knowledge of writing,reading and maths that are everyday subjects in a high school ..This exam does not evaluate logic or any kind of reasoning. This is 3hr 45 min long examination .Students start preparing for this exam from class 11 itself and finally sit for it in class 12. The basic motive behind this exam is to help test a student’s skills learned during his school time that would stay with them forever..
The other type of SAT is Subject test. These are 4hr long ,content based test that examines and allows candidates to show their success and achievements in subject based areas where they are good. This subject based tests are held for subjects like- maths,english,history, science & foreign languages .Some colleges might demand for this test it is not a compulsion everywhere. Hence students should always do thorough research work on colleges they wish to apply whether they need subject test or not.
Find out about the sample papers for SAT practice and mock papers to get a clear idea and excel better–
Get to know about maths sample papers and more of mock papers for practice-
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SAT
There are two ways by which you can register for SAT–by online and by mail.
- Create your profile as the student.
- Choose a test center and a test date according to your requirement and as given.
- Then and then you would receive a confirmation via mail .
- Then complete the payment of exam fees via debit/credit card or simply fund transferring.
- The deadline for registration ends around 3 to 4 weeks before the final test date.
- Students need to pay late fee for the exam if they are paying by around two to three weeks before the final test date.
REGISTER BY MAIL–
- At the first get your hands on The Student Registration Guide for SAT test and Subject Test that are easily available at the school.
- This guide contains a registration form as well as a return envelope .
- You will need to send this form with a demand draft as well.
- The local representative body for SAT in India is USIEF. All the mails sent by the students for registration purpose would be directed to this representative.
In India the test centers for SAT test are available at New Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune , Mussoorie, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mumbai & Chennai.
Why as a student you need to sit for SAT and what is its importance for you to take admissions in undergraduate colleges in US or CANADA .–WHAT IS SAT USED FOR AND WHY SAT?
WHAT IS THE EXAM PATTERN FOR SAT?
The SAT exam has three sections –Maths, Reading ,Writing.Along with this there is one another optional section–Essay which consists of 50 mins long passage though students do not score for this sections.
The exam pattern for SAT :
MATHS–This subject has around 57 questions of 80 mins with questions as data analysis, problem solving, algebra, advanced math with score ranging from 200 to 800.
READING- This consists of 52 questions of 65 mins duration with questions as no sentence completion, understanding of passages from US and literature, world history, social science and studies with score ranging from 200-800.
WRITING AND VERBAL- This contains 44 questions of 35 mins duration with questions as expression of ideas, standard English conventions via passages related to history or social studies and science with score ranging from 200-800