Reliability model of a generating unit, State space methods
Reliability model of a generating unit:
- A model which describes the probability of behaviour of capacity is developed first. This is referred as ‘generation system model’.
- A generating unit consists of several different capacity levels. Each unit is assumed to exist either in an up or down capacity.
- This model is categorized by the following parameters:
c- capacity of unit in MW.
m- mean up time of the unit.
r- mean down time of the unit.
- A generation system may have hundreds of units but not feasible.
- The generation system model is developed by the sequential addition of units.
State Space Methods:
- State space methods are arised in modeling of physical systems.
- This is implemented in time varying parameters to describe both behavioural and measurement error.
- Generally, state space can be represented in the form,
x˙ = Ax + Bu
y = Cx + Du
Where, x is a column vector of dimension n called state vector
u is a scalar signal and input of the system
Y is the output of the system
A is an n * n matrix
B is a column vector
C is a row vector
D is a scalar
Sequential Addition Method:
- The system consists of binary units i.e., it can exist in full capability or zero capability.
- The process of model building is started with a single unit and then each of the unit is added.
- The model is strictly straight forward.
- Assume that a system model consists of (k-1)units so it is required to add kth unit.
- Since there are two states i.e., up and down states. So two group of system states is surely obtained after the unit addition.
Some questions and answers;
Q1. Explain the reliability model of a generating unit.
Q2. What is state space method.
Q3. Write the representation of state space method/
Q4. What is the concept of sequential addition method.
1. Gate Syllabus for Physics 2014
2. Gate Syllabus for Production and Industrial Engineering
3. Gate syllabus for Engineering Science 2014
1. IES syllabus for General Ability
Tell us Your Queries, Suggestions and Feedback
One Response to Reliability model of a generating unit, State space methods
« Introduction of genetic algorithm and 2.5 g and 3 g Networks ELECTRIC ENERGY FROM GASEOUS CELLS »
This post describes about the reliability of model of a generating unit state space methods. This post is very informative as it describes about the reliability of the system. Those who are unaware can go through this post .