Reliability model of a generating unit:
- A model which describes the probability of behaviour of capacity is developed first. This is referred as ‘generation system model’.
- A generating unit consists of several different capacity levels. Each unit is assumed to exist either in an up or down capacity.
- This model is categorized by the following parameters:
c- capacity of unit in MW.
m- mean up time of the unit.
r- mean down time of the unit.
- A generation system may have hundreds of units but not feasible.
- The generation system model is developed by the sequential addition of units.
State Space Methods:
- State space methods are arised in modeling of physical systems.
- This is implemented in time varying parameters to describe both behavioural and measurement error.
- Generally, state space can be represented in the form,
x˙ = Ax + Bu
y = Cx + Du
Where, x is a column vector of dimension n called state vector
u is a scalar signal and input of the system
Y is the output of the system
A is an n * n matrix
B is a column vector
C is a row vector
D is a scalar
Sequential Addition Method:
- The system consists of binary units i.e., it can exist in full capability or zero capability.
- The process of model building is started with a single unit and then each of the unit is added.
- The model is strictly straight forward.
- Assume that a system model consists of (k-1)units so it is required to add kth unit.
- Since there are two states i.e., up and down states. So two group of system states is surely obtained after the unit addition.
Some questions and answers;
Q1. Explain the reliability model of a generating unit.
Q2. What is state space method.
Q3. Write the representation of state space method/
Q4. What is the concept of sequential addition method.