Manipal University is one of the renowned universities not just in our nation but over the world. It got deemed in the 1993 and from there onwards there has been continuous growth in the university. The university emerges as the leading university providing higher education through out the country with 24 institutions of medical, management, engineering and humanities. Manipal University conducts their entrance test Manipal UGET for admission into their colleges. In this section, find the latest syllabus of Manipal UGET Medical including all the topics.
The syllabus of the medical entrance has been briefly given:
Section – I ( PHYSICS)
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Fluid Dynamics
- Surface tension
- Work – power – energy
- Concurrent Co-plannar forces
- Gas laws
- Mode of heat transfer
- Refraction through a prism
- Introduction to Theories of Light
Young’s double slit experiment, derivation of expression for fringe width – qualitative explanation of interference at thin films and Newton’s rings with problems.
- Speed of light
- Electric charges
- Electrostatic Field
- Electric current
- Magnetic effect of electric current
- Mechanical effect of electric current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state electronics
- Digital Electronics
Section -II ( Chemistry )
5)GASEOUS STATE,CHEMICAL KINETICS
6)ORGANIC COMPOUNDS WITH OXYGEN-2, AMINES
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Monocarboxylic Acids
- Coordination Compounds
7)CHEMICAL BONDING – 2
12)ISOMERISM-2,CARBOHYDRATES,OILS AND FATS,AMINO ACIDS AND PROTEINS.
13)METALLURGY – 2
14)GROUP 18, NOBEL GASES
- d – BLOCK ELEMENTS (TRANSITION ELEMENTS)
15)THEORY OF DILUTE SOLUTIONS
Section – III
- Cell Biology
- Cell Reproduction
- Diversity of life on earth
- Kingdom Protista
- Kingdom Mycota
- Kingdom Metaphyta
- Taxonomy and Economic Botany
- Elements of plant pathhology
- Introduction: Scope of biotechnology.
- Genetic Engineering: Introduction; Tools used in genetic engineering – Vectors (plasmid – pUC18), Enzymes (REN and Ligase), Host cell (E.coli) and Bioreactors.
- Recombinant DNA technology and its applications: Insulin synthesis to be used as an example.
- A brief account of: DNA fingerprinting, Gene therapy, Human genome project, Monoclonal antibodies.
- Improvement of crop plants: Breeding techniques; Tissue culture technique – organ culture example: stem; transgenic plants example: Golden rice.
- Improvement of animals: Breeding techniques and stem cell culture, transgenic animals example: Cattle.
- Hazards and safeguards of genetic engineering.