IES is an abbreviation for Indian Engineering Services are the civil services that holds the technical and managerial functions of the Indian Government. Similar to other countries, the Indian government selects its civil servants and officers on the basis of merits, the middle management posts in the bureaucracy are filled through competitive examinations . A huge number of candidates take these exams, competing for limited posts available. I.E.S officers are appointed by the union government on the recommendations made by the U.P.S.C Union Public Service Commision. It is a combined four-stage competitive examination (comprising six different tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the U.P.S.C for appointment to the Indian Engineering Services.
More about IES
IES is the most desirable career opportunity for the engineering graduates in the country. ESE is hence considered as the toughest exam in India and the toughest all over the world due to less number of posts available having a selection ratio of 0.00275 approx and its technical . Most top rank holders of the exam are graduates of institutes like the reputed Institutes like Indian Institute Of Technology and Indian Institute Of Science. Due to this difficult selection process, I.E.S officers also carry high prestige and status in society and are able to manage duties in various areas. Government expenditure includes more than 15 percent of India’s total GDP and given the extent of tasks and functions held by the public sectors, this expands to a fairly broad segment of the economy covering the , roads, railways,defense, inspection, supply, construction, manufacturing, power, telecommunications, public works etc. All recruitment to the Group A services are held by the Indian President.
The U.P.S.C( Union Public Service Commission ) conducts this examination in the month of June every year. The IES comprises Group A and Group B Services/ Posts in 4 categories – Mechanical,Civil , Electrical, Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering.
The written examination includes two sections:
- Section I consist of only objective-type questions and
- Section II of conventional papers.
Both sections cover the entire syllabus of the relevant Engineering streams i.e., Mechanical Engineering,Civil Engineering, , Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. The standard of papers Is approximately same as the Engineering Degree Examination of an Indian University. The syllabus is mentioned in the Notice of the Examination, generally published in the month of December of the year previous to the year of examination.
Personality Test, carrying a maximum of 200 marks, for candidates who are qualified on the basis of the written examination to the next level.
SOME OF THE MORE IMPORTANT SERVICES BASED ON THE RESULTS OF IES ARE:
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering Post
- Central Engineering Service
- Military Engineer Service (IDSE)
- Military Engineer Service (Surveyor of Works Cadre)
- Survey of India Service, Group – A
- Central Water Engineering Services (Civil / Mechanical)
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil / Electrical / Mechanical)
- Central Power Engineering Srevice (Electrical / Mechanical / Telecommunication)
Top IES Coaching Institutes in Kozhikode:-
Career Launcher, is Asia ’s leading education service provider with presence in almost 130 locations across India and abroad. It gives coaching on MBA entrance and other competitive examinations.
- Address/Locality:-No. 39/4083-A, Krishnanjali Building, Sannidhi Road, Ravipuram, Cochin – 682016
- Contact Person:- Lakshmi Mahajankatti
- Email:- email@example.com
- Website www.careerlauncher.com
- Working Hours Monday – Sunday: 9 AM – 7 P.M
The motto of this institute is to provide the best guidance to the students. They have a rich list of impressive success of aspirants. They commit for a brighter future for students in knowledge and higher education.
- Address/Locality:-3rd Floor, Thevanth Building, S.A. Road, Vytilla P.O., Cochin – 682019
- Landmark:- Near Welcare Hospital
- Contact Person:- Shimjith
- Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Hours:- Monday – Sunday: 9 AM – 5 PM
Although we have tried to bring Top IES Coaching Institutes in Kozhikode through oureducation research and this research was conducted in May 2017 but by the time you decide to take admission in Top IES Coaching Institutes in Kozhikode , teachers and management of coaching may change so for updated information please mail with contact number ( your number is safe with us) at our email id email@example.com.
You can also ask in comment section at bottom of page.