WATER AND ITS INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION
INTRODUCTION TO WATER AND ITS INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION
- water and its industrial application is estimated that 22% of world wide water is used in industry.
- Major water and its industrial application users include hydroelectric dams,thermoelectric power plant, which use water for cooling, ore and oil refineries, which use water in chemical processes, and manufacturing plants, which use water as a solvent.
- Water withdrawal can be very high for certain industries, but consumption is generally much lower than that of agriculture.
- Water is used in renewable power generation.
- Industrial consumption of water is generally much lower than withdrawal, due to laws requiring industrial grey water to be treated and returned to the environment.
- Improper boiler tube layout or constructio are problem of boiler
- Since incinerators are usually installed to satisfy emission requirements, so heat recovery boilers sometimes offer only positive payback for the project,which causes problem for boiler
- Improper system design is also one of the problem
- Water Leakage Around the Boiler create major problem
- Faulty circulator (pump) is the main problem of boiler.
- Faulty pressure relief valve
- Leaking water pipe connection creates problem in boiler.
PROBLEM AND REMEDIES OF BOILER IN WATER AND INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION
REMEDIES OF BOILER
- Most of the repairs to the circulator will require a service technician.
- If the circulator is leaking then immediately replace the pump seal.
- If the pressure relief valve is leaking, the system expansion tank may be filled with water..
- If the pressure relief valve will not close at all, close the boiler water feed valve and remove and replace the relief valve.
- If no water discharges from the pressure relief valve at all, the valve is plugged and needs to be replaced or there is no water in the boiler.
The treatment and conditioning ofboiler feed watermust satisfy three main objectives:
- Continuous heat exchange
- Corrosion protection
- Production of high quality steam
Basically there are two type of treatment:-
- EXTERNAL Treatment
- INTERNAL Treatment
1. EXTERNAL Treatment:-
It is the reduction or removal of impurities from water outside the boiler. In general, external treatment is used when the amount of one or more of the feed water impurities is too high to be tolerated by the boiler system.
it is the conditioning of impurities within the boiler system. . Internal treatment may be used alone or with external treatment. Its purpose is to properly react with feed water hardness.