WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted by the State Govt. as a common entrance examination for the admission in various best private and government Medical and Engineering colleges in West Bengal. Passed or appearing Students of class 12th are eligible for the entrance exam. Two separate tests are conducted for all those students seeking admission in best Engineering and Medical Colleges of West Bengal. This post includes WBJEE Syllabus for Engineering with eligibility criteria and paper pattern for the entrance examination to help students for better exam preparations.
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEEE
- Appearing candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Should have age more than 17 years.
- Must be a resident or domicile for admission in Government Engineering and Technical colleges.
- Appearing student must pass with a minimum of 60% in PCM.
Paper Pattern of WBJEEE
- An appearing student have to appear for a written entrance examination for subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM).
- Each correct answer will contribute 33.33% of mark and (1/3) marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- There are three categories in the paper Category 1,2,3. category 3 consists of MCQ type questions having more than one correct option. Candidates must get all the options right to be awarded the full marks.
- Marking scheme for the Category 3 is questions will be 2 x (no of correct responses) / (Total no of correct options)
(1 mark each)
(2 marks each)
(2 marks each)
|Maths||60 questions||15 questions||5 questions||100||2 hours|
|Physics||45 questions||10 questions||5||75||1.5 hours|
|Chemistry||45 questions||10 questions||5||75||1.5 hours|
WBJEE Engineering Entrance Exam Syllabus is given below:
WBJEE Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Part-I: Topic covered under Algebra : AP, GP, HP, Logarithm, Complex Numbers, Sets, Relations and Mapping, Probability, Matrices, Infinite Series, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, Quadratic Equations and Mathematical Induction
- Part-2: Topics covered under Geometry: Co- ordinate Geometry, Circle, Parabola, Conics, Ellipse and hyperbola.
- Part-3: Topics covered under Calculus: Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus and their applications.
Download detailed WBJEE Syllabus for Mathematics in PDF form
WBJEE Syllabus for Physics:
Mechanics and General properties of matter, Elasticity, Vibration, Wave motion, Thermal physics, Optics, fluid mechanics, Electrostatics, Electromagnetism, Current Electricity, Thermodynamic, Modern Physics and Electromagnetic Induction.
Download detailed WBJEE Syllabus for Physics in PDF form
WBJEE Syllabus for Chemistry:
Atomic Structure, Gaseous State, Atoms, Molecule and Chemical Arithmetic, Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Halogen, Chemistry in Industry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics, Chemical Equilibria, Silicon Carbides and Silicone, Ionic and Redox Equilibria, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds, Aliphatic Compounds, of non – metallic elements and their compounds, Introduction to Bio molecules, Chemistry of Metals, Principles of qualitative analysis.
Download detailed WBJEE Syllabus for Chemistry in PDF form
Related Searches WBJEE are
- Sample Paper Of WBJEE 2013
- Engineering Entrance Sample Paper
- Best Medical Colleges under WBJEE JEM
- Sample Paper of WBJEE Mathematics
- WBJEE Maths Sample paper
- WBJEE 2013 Model Question Paper
- Syllabus of WBJEE JEM with Eligibility Criteria
Please share your useful comments and suggestions in the comment box below.