(1) What is a network ?
Answer: A network is the connection of two or more computers. These computers are linked together. The most common types of networks are:
(a) Local Area Networks (LANS) and
(b) Wide Area Networks (WANS).
The primary difference between the two is that a LAN is generally confined to a limited area, whereas a WAN covers a large area. Severally connected LANS creates a WAN.
Basically, the network is a connection made through the connecting links between two or more devices. You can even call it as the line configuration.
(2) Write the types of networks.
Answer: Intranet –The private LAN which is used by everyone within an organization or
company is called intranet. It might consist of an e-mail system, a message accessing board and one or more Web site portals .
Extra-net – A network that connects people within this company with people who are outside of the company is called extra-net. It happens within a secure ,password protected network.
(3) What is physical and wireless media?
Answer:- Physical media:
- Twisted pair cable – consists of two independently insulated wires twisted around each other
- Coaxial cable – consists of an insulated center wire grounded by a shield of braided wire Fiber optic cable – contains hundreds of clear fiberglass or plastic fibers
- ISDN line – a special digital telephone line that transmits and receives information at very high speeds
- Microwave system – transmits data via high-frequency radio signals through the atmosphere
- Satellite system – receive signals from the earth, amplify them, and then transmit back these signals to the appropriate locations on the earth.
- Cellular technology – uses antennae resembling telephone towers to pick up radio signals within a specific area
(4) What is network typologies?
Answer: Network Topology is refers to the way computers and its peripheral environment is configured to form networks.
- Bus topology – all computers are synchronize by a single line of cable.
- Star topology – multiple computers are linked to a main computer, which is called a host
- Ring topology – each computer is connected to two other computers, with the entire network. It forms a circle
- Hybrid topology – combine network layout types to meet their wants.
(5) What is network /communication protocols?
Answer :- A protocol is s an agreed/admitted set of rules and procedures for exchanging data between two or more devices.
- The sending device shows it has finished sending the message.
- The receiving device shows it has received the message.
The type of error checking to be used.
Ethernet is used by most networks, but some network may use Token Ring protocol from IBM.
(6) What are the communication types?
Answer: There are three types of communication.
- Uni-casting –Here one to one communication occurs
- Multi-casting –Here one to many communication occurs
- Broadcasting –here one to all communication occurs.
(7) What is client/server network?
- Here nodes and servers share data roles.
- Nodes are defined as clients.
- To control access servers are used.
- The server is the most important part computer.
(8) What is STAR connectivity in the computer network?
Answer: Here all nodes are connected to a hub. Packets sent to the hub. Again packets are sent by Hub to the destination.
- It is easy to set up in a network.
- One single cable cannot crash the whole network.
- One single hub crashing downs the whole network
- It uses a lot of cables
- It is the most common topology
(9) What is RING connectivity in computer network?
Answer: Here all nodes are connected in a circle. Token is used for transferring data from computers. Here nodes waits for token to send.
- Time for sending data is known.
- Here no data collisions occurs
- Connection is very slow
- Lots of cable required.
(10) Define HUB, SWITCH, ROUTER
Answer: These are the larger one connections of networks. multiple segments are connected to them
- Hub:- It is a multi-port repeater to enhance signals within the same LAN
- Switch:- It is mostly like hub but it is more intelligent.It gives better performance
- Router:- It forwards packets from one LAN to another LAN.
(11)What is Protocol?
The protocol is the SET OF RULES THAT GOVERN DATA COMMUNICATION.
How do we connect two devices? By the help of connecting links only. The connecting links are nothing but the protocols which are used to make the computers or other devices communicate each.
In the very simple language with the help of protocols, only two devices can communicate with each other.
Devices can be anything like computers, printer, mobile devices. These devices in networking or even called as nodes.
(12) What is the point to point and multipoint connection in NETWORKING?
Basically, there are two ways through which the devices can connect to each other.
- Point to point connection
- Multipoint connection
You can call point to point connection as the special case of multipoint connection.
Point to point connection:-
- The sender is connected to one receiver in this.
- The most common example of the point to point protocol is the connection between the computer and the telephone line. Point to point protocol is abbreviated as PPP.
- We can connect two devices with the help of wires or by using satellite link or microwave.
- The very day to day example of point to point connection is the remote control of the TV. When you change the channel of the TV with the aid of remote it is possible because of the point to point connection or point to point protocol connection.
Multipoint connection or multi-drop configuration
In this configuration, there will be multiple receivers.
When the connection link is used to by Mamy receivers it is called as multipoint or multi-drop configuration.
When the user uses the connection link on turns basis then this configuration will become time shared line configuration.
PPP :- point to point connection protocol
P2MP, PTMP or PMP = point to multipoint connection protocol.
Application of point to point configuration
PPP is like the data link layer protocol only. Used for connection over the synchronous and asynchronous circuits
Application of multipoint configuration
Multipoint configuration is used for the purpose of broadcasting. What we called as the broadcasting network. Multipoint configuration also used in multicasting.
(13) what is the Real Time example of multipoint connection?
More Examples of multipoint connection
- Central CPU connected to many PCs within the office is a real-time example of the multipoint configuration.
- Router connected to the mobile phone, laptop, a tablet is the real-time example of the multipoint connection. isn’t it interesting??
For more questions click to download:-
You may also like to visit :-
- Adhoc Wireless Network
- Backbone Networks
- Protocol for Internet
- Wireless Transmission
- Application of artificial neural network
Users can give their views in the comment section if they wish to add other important questions