What is CEH ?
CEH stands for Certified Ethical Hacker. Ethical Hacking is basically a nice profession. In order to make it more respectful, hacker needs to have certification for the same. Thus, professional certification called Certified Ethical Hacker which is offered by a standardized council called International Council of E- Commerce which is popularly known as EC-Council. CEH is one of the demandable and full of scope course in this competitive world. So, a person must show some curiosity towards this side if he/she wants to lead the door open for many new opportunities of
CEH Exam Details:
The main criteria of setting the exam to obtain certification constitutes of following basic aspects:
- Test Conduction Center Types:
- Authorized Prometric Testing Centers
- Vue Testing Center
- Web based via Prometric Prime
- Accredited Training Center
There will be different exam code for different conducting centers. Example: Exam 312-50 for ATC and EC0-350 proctored test at APTC
- Total no. of Questions with Duration of Exam:
125 multiple choice question type with duration of 4 hours.
- Passing Criteria:
70% minimum marks required
The main domain of working as well as the skills measured in the test constitutes of following topics and section of interest. So the interested candidates must have a knowledge for the following domain of interest:
- Trojans and Backdoors
- Viruses and Worms
- Social Engineering
- Denial of Service
- Session Hijacking
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks
Beside this , there are various other topics that an individual must posses the knowledge of.
Chapters / Sections of CEH Exam Syllabus:
The exam constitutes of 6 main sections in which the knowledge of different aspects are obtained which is to be utilized in exam. The main sections involve:
1. Analysis/Assessment: The main knowledge gained involves communication protocols, malware operations, mobile technologies, backups , telecomm., data and system analysis etc.
2.Security: It constitutes of the introduction of systems security controls, cryptography ,network security, physical security, threat modeling, biometrics, vulnerability scanners, wireless access technology etc.
3.Tools/system/programs: access control mechanisms (e.g., smart cards), cryptography techniques, programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, C#, C), scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Java script), network topologies, subnetting, database structures etc.
4. Procedures/Methodology: SA, SOA, TCP/IP networking etc.
5. Regulation/Policy: Security policies, compliance regulations etc.
6. Ethics: Professional code of conduct, hacking activities etc.
Write your COMMENTS Below