Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation is an American base multinational company which provides IT Consulting and BPO services worldwide. CTS deal with four major segments namely Financial Services, Healthcare Services, Manufacturing and Retail Services and Other. The company offers consulting and technology services, such as IT strategy, program management, operations improvement, strategy, and business consulting services; and application design and development, systems integration, and enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management implementation services. Recruitment in Cognizant Technology Solutions is like a dream come true for the inspiriting candidates. You can find out placement criteria of reputed companies from the Resources offered by our website.
Cognizant Technology Solutions Placement Papers ( Aptitude):-
1. Using the digits 1,5,2,8 four digit numbers are formed and the sum of all possible such numbers.
2. Four persons can cross a bridge in 3,7,13,17 minutes. Only two can cross at a time. find the minimum time taken by the four to cross the bridge.
3. Find the product of the prime numbers between 1-20
4. 2,3,6,7— using these numbers form the possible four digit numbers that are divisible by 4.
5. Two trains are traveling at 18kmph and are 60 km apart. There is fly in the train. it flies at 80kmph. It flies and hits the second train and then it starts to oscillate between the two trains. At one instance when the two trains collide it dies. Distance traveled by the fly when both trains collide is
6. There are 1000 doors that are of the open-close type. When a person opens the door he closes it and then opens the other. When the first person goes he opens-closes the doors ion the multiples of 1 i.e., he opens and closes all the doors. when the second goes he opens and closes the doors 2, 4 6 8 respectively. Similarly when the third one goes he does this for 3 6 9 1 2 15th doors resly. Find number of doors that are open at last.
Ans: Square Numbers
7. There are 9 balls of this one is defective. Find the minimum no. of chances of finding the defective one.
8. There are coins of Rs.5, 2,1,50p,25p,10p,5p. Each one has got a weight. Rs 5 coin weighs 20gms. Find the minimum number of coins to get a total of 196.5gms.
9. A can do a work in 8 days, B can do a work in 7 days, C can do a work in 6 days. A works on the first day, B works on the second day and C on the third day resly.that is they work on alternate days. When will they finish the work. which day will they finish the work.
Ans: 7 7/168 days
10. A batsman scores 23 runs and increases his average from 15 to 16. find the runs to be made if he wants top inc the avg to 18 in the same match.
11. A man sells apples. First he gives half of the total apples what he has and a half apple. Then he gives half of the remaining and a half apple. He gives it in the same manner. After 7 times all are over. How many apples did he initially have.
Ans: 127 apples.
12. In a club there are male and female members. If 15 female quit then the number of females will become double the number of males. If 45 males quit no. of female becomes five times the number of males. Find the number of females.
13. When I was married 10 years back my wife was the sixth member of my family. Now I have a baby. Today my father was dead and I had a new baby. now the average age of my family is the same as that when I was married. Find the age of my father when I was married.
14.There are 40 seats in a bus. People agree to share the money for the number of seats. The total money comes to 70.37. how many seats were free.
Ans: 9 seats.Rs.2.27
15. In a village, there is flood. In one village causalities were less than the other. Why?
Ans: There were better health care centres(HCC).
16. A question on Pythagoras Theorem.
17. The distance between Mumbai & Calcutta is 25000 Km. Train goes from Mumbai to Calcutta for which Speed & Time are given. From C->M Speed alone is give. Of the above conditions which is not required. (Not Complete)
Ans: The distance 25,000Km is not required. Because, Speed * Time = Distance. So only two conditions are required.
18. m < n & x>y Which is false?
Ans: x-m < y-n
19. A person has Rs.100. If he wins he gains 10%. If he loses the game, he loses 10%. He wins twice and loses twice. How much he has at the end?
Ans: Always less than 100.
20. Area of Shaded portion is ?
Ans : 115.5
21. In A tribal group two groups live in different climatic conditions. Ear Sensitivity is tested and found that one has more when compared to other. What is the reason.
Ans. Depends on the physical place and condition he is living.
22. Which uses less memory?
int fn(int v)
if(v==1 || v==0)
24. 70% of x is greater than 1/3rd of x by 110.what is x?
a) 100 b) 200 c) 300 d) 350
Ans: d) 350
25. The age of a and b are in the ratio 4:5 and of b and c in the ratio 3:2.the youngest of three is
A) a B) b C) c D) can’t say
Ans: C) c
26. If ‘M’ denotes ‘÷’. ‘K’ denotes ‘–’ ‘R’ denotes ‘+’ and ‘T’ denotes ‘X’ then 12 T 8 M 12 R 16 K 14 =?
Ans: c) 10
27. My mother gave me money to buy stamps of price 2paisa, 7 paisa,15 paisa, 10paisa and 20 paisa. I had to buy 5 each of three types and 6 each of the other 2 types . But on my way to the post office i forgot how many of stamps of each type were to be brought . My mother had given me rupees 3 . So i had no problem in finding out the exact amount of each one . Can you tell me which stamps were 5 in number , n whic were 6 in number.
Ans . 5 stamps each of 2paisa, 7 paisa, 15 paisa.
28. A person wants to meet a lawyer and as that lawyer is busy he asks him to come three days after the before day of the day after tomorrow? on which day the lawyer asks the person to come?
29. What is the output of the program, if integer occupies 2 bytes memory?
D) None of the above
Ans: B. 10
30. What is the output of the program
31. A millionaire bought a job lot of hats 1/4 of which were brown. The millionaire sold 2/3 of the hats including 4/5 of the brown hats. What fraction of the unsold hats were brown.
A) 1/60 B) 1/15 C) 3/20 D) 3/5
32. How many integers n greater than and less than 100 are there such that, if the digits of n are reversed, the resulting integer is n+9 ?
A) 5 B) 6 C) 7 D) 8
33. There are 27 balls, of which 1 is heavier. given a balance how many times you need to weigh to find out the odd ball.
Ans: 3 Weighs.
34. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
35. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
36. What does extern means in a function declaration
A) the funct has global scope
B) the funct need not be defined\
C) nothing really
D) the funct has local scope only to the file it is defined in
E) none of the above
37. x:y=7:11, y:z=1:7.what is the least possible integral values of x given that z is 11x.
a) 3 b) 9 c) 7 d) 10
38. A digital wristwatch was set accurately at 8.30 a.m and then lost 2 seconds every 5 minutes. What time was indicated on the watch at 6.30 p.m of the same day if the watch operated continuously that time ?
Ans :E) 6.26
39. At 20% discount, a cycle is sold at a selling price of 2500 Rs. What is the actual price?
Ans: Rs. 3125
40. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
41. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift
42. In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
43. If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
main(int argc, char *argv)
(main && argc) ? main(argc-1, NULL) : return 0;
a. Runtime error.
b. Compile error. Illegal syntax
c. Gets into Infinite loop
d. None of the above
Ans: b) illegal syntax for using return
pf = (float *)&i;
*pf = 100.00;
printf(“\n %d”, i);
a. Runtime error.
c. Some Integer not 100
d. None of the above
Ans: d) 0
46. The length of a room is three times its breadth. If the perimeter of the room is 64 cm, then its breadth is ……… cm.
Ans : (D)
47. Aditi read 4/5th of Tintin comic book which has 100 pages. How many pages of the book is not yet read by Aditi ?
Ans : (D)
48. A piece of road is one kilometer in length. We have to supply lamp posts. One post at each end, distance between two consecutive lamp posts is 25 metres. The number of lamp posts required is—
Ans : (A)
49. A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spills out of the jug, and the jug is then filled to capacity with water, approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
50. Next number in the series 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 ?
51. In 6 seconds a light flashes once. In one hour how many times it will flash?
Ans: 601 times
52. On a man’s tombstone, it is said that one sixth of his life was spent in childhood and one twelfth as a teenager. One seventh of his life passed between the time he became an adult and the time he married; five years later, his son was born. Alas, the son died four years before he did. He lived to be twice as old as his son did. How old did the man live to be?
Ans: 84 years
53. What two numbers have a product of 48 and, when the larger number is divided by the smaller, a quotient of 3?
Ans: 4 and 12
54. A drove of sheep and chickens have a total of 99 heads and feet. There are twice as many chickens as sheep.How many of each are there?
Ans: nine sheep and eighteen chickens.
55. A can do a work in 8 days, B can do a work in 7 days, C can do a work in 6 days. A works on the first day, B works on the second day and C on the third day respectively that is they work on alternate days. When will they finish the work.(which day will they finish the work)
Ans: 7 7/168 days
56. A batsman scores 23 runs and increases his average from 15 to 16. find the runs to be made if he wants top inc the avg to 18 in the same match.
Ans: 39 Runs.
57.A can do a work in 8 days, B can do a work in 7 days, C can do a work in 6 days. A works on the first day, B works on the second day and C on the third day resly.that is they work on alternate days. When will they finish the work. which day will they finish the work.
Ans: 7 7/168 days
58. A man sells apples. First he gives half of the total apples what he has and a half apple. Then he gives half of the remaining and a half apple. He gives it in the same manner. After 7 times all are over. How many apples did he initially have.
Ans: 127 apples.
59. In a club there are male and female members. If 15 female quit then the number of females will become double the number of males. If 45 males quit no. of female becomes five times the number of males. Find the number of females.
60. A group of friends goes for dinner and gets bill of Rs 2400 . Two of them says that they have forgotten their purse so remaining make an extra contribution of Rs 100 to pay up the bill. Tell the no. of person in that group.
Ans – 8 person
61. Given the following functions
(1) f (n a b c ) = ac if n=1
(2) f (n a b c) = f ( n-1 a c b) + f ( 1 a b c) + f ( n-1 b a c ) if n > 1
Then what is the value f ( 2 a b c ) = ?
Ans: f ( 2 a c b ) = ab + ac + bc.
62. There are 600 tennis players 4% wear wrist band on one wrist Of the remaining, 25% wear wrist bands on both hands How many players don’t wear a wrist band?
63. If all the 6 are replaced by 9, then the algebraic sum of all the numbers from 1 to 100 (both inclusive) varies by
64. Four persons can cross a bridge in 3,7,13,17 minutes. Only two can cross at a time. find the minimum time taken by the four to cross the bridge.
You may also like to visit:
- Career Prospects in SAP LABS
- Placement criteria for GOOGLE
- Placement criteria for TCS
- Placement Criteria for Tech Mahindra
- Placement criteria for HCL
YOUR VIEWS ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED FOR THE FURTHER IMPROVEMENT.