Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology (IT) services, founded in 1968 by JRD Tata. Tata Consultancy Services Limited use to visit different engineering colleges for the recruitment of Assistant system engineer. In this section we have have provided the selection procedure, aptitude test papers. Users can give there suggestion in the comment box, if they find any error in the article.
The selection procedure of TCS consists of following 3 rounds
1. Written Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR Interview
TCS SAMPLE PAPER :-
Time :- 80 mins
(1)No. of Aptitude question:- 30
1.If log 0.318=0.3364 and 0.317=0.33320 then log 0.319 =?
a) 0.33365 b) 0.3368 c) 0.3396 d) 0.3369
2. Total weigth of box is 264 kg.A box consist of 150 packets of 1kg packets and 2kg packets.Then calculate how many 2kg packets are there?
a)100 b) 200 c)115 d)114
3. If 3y + x > 2 and x + 2y$ \le $3, What can be said about the value of y?
a) y = -1 b) y >-1 c) y <-1 d) y = 1
4. There are 20 balls which are red, blue or green. If 7 balls are green and the sum of red balls and green balls is less than 13, at most how many red balls are there?
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 7
5. The ratio of incomes of C and D is 3:4.the ratio of their expenditures is 4:5. Find the ratio of their savings if the savings of C is one fourths of his income?
a) 12/19 b) 14/20 c)12/29 d)15/29
6. If G(0) = -1 G(1)= 1 and G(N)=G(N-1) – G(N-2) then what is the value of G(6)?
a)1 b)2 c)-1 d)-2
7. There are 4 boxes colored red, yellow, green and blue. If 2 boxes are selected, how many combinations are there for at least one green box or one red box to be selected?
a) 1 b)2 c)22 d)5
8. All faces of a cube with an eight – meter edge are painted red. If the cube is cut into smaller cubes with a two – meter edge, how many of the two meter cubes have paint on exactly one face?
a) 24 b) 36 c) 60 d) 48
9. what’s the answer for that :
A, B and C are 8 bit no’s. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1
B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 ( – =minus, u=union)
Find ((A – C) u B) =?
10. x2 < 1/100, and x < 0 what is the highest range in which x can lie?
a) -1/10 < x < 0 b) -1 < x < 0 c) -1/10 < x < 1/10 d) -1/10 < x
11. Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?
a)15 b)18 c)25 d)20
12. 1/3 rd of a number is more 3 than the 1/6th of a number then find the number?
a) 18 b)28 c)20 d)21
13. The ages of two friends is in the ratio 5:6. After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 7:8?
a)20year b)12year c)15year d)10year
14. An athlete decides to run the same distance in 1/4th less time that she usually took. By how much percent will she have to increase her average speed?
a) 33.33 b)44.44 c)32.35 d)30.30
15. A girl has to make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings.
a) 51 b)55 c)53 d)60
16. A number when divided by D leaves a remainder of 8 and when divided by 3D leaves a remainder of 21 . What is the remainder left, when twice the number is divided by 3D?
a) 13 b) cannot be determined c) 3 d)42
17. One day Alice meets pal and byte in fairyland. She knows that pal lies on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and tells the truth on the other days of the week byte, on the other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on the other days of the week. Now they make the following statements to Alice – pal. Yesterday was one of those days when I lie byte. Yesterday was one of those days when I lie too. What day is it ?
a) Thursday b) Tuesday c) Monday d) Sunday
18. In the reading room of a library, there are23 reading spots. Each reading spot consists of a round table with 9 chairs placed around it. There are some readers such that in each occupied reading spot there are different numbers of readers. If in all there are 36 readers, how many reading spots do not have even a single reader?
a) 8 b) None c)16 d)15
19. Reduce128352/238368 to its lowest terms.
a)3/4 b)7/13 c)7/13 d)9/13
Direction (for Q.Nos. 20 – 23): Find out the wrong number in the given sequence of numbers.
20. 46080, 3840, 384, 48, 24, 2, 1
a)1 b)2 c)24 d)384
21. 105, 85, 60, 30, 0, -45, -90
a) 0 b) 85 c)-45 d) 60
22. In 100 m race, A covers the distance in 36 seconds and B in 45 seconds. In this race A beats B by:
a) 20 b) 25 c) 22.5 d) 9
. A person crosses a 600 m long street in 5 minutes. What is his speed in km per hour?
a) 3.6 b) 7.2 c) 8.4 d) 10
24. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance travelled by him is:
a) 50km b) 56km c) 70km d) 80
25. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
a)9 b) 10 c)12 d)20
26. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is:
a) 1hour b)2hour c)3hour d)4hour
27. A man complete a journey in 10 hours. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km.
a) 220 b)224 c)230 d)234
28. The ratio between the speeds of two trains is 7 : 8. If the second train runs 400 km in 4 hours, then the speed of the first train is:
a)70km/hr b)75km/hr c)84km/hr d)87.5 km/hr
29. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/hr and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is:
a) 35.55km/hr b) 36km/hr c) 71.11km/hr d) 71km/hr
30. A car travelling with 5/7 of its actual speed covers 42 km in 1 hr 40 min 48 sec. Find the actual speed of the car.
a)17.5km/hr b) 25 km/hr c)30km/hr d)35km/hr
Click on PDF to download
You may like to visit:-
- Sample paper for Placement in TCS
- Career at IBM with Eligibility Criteria
- Tips to crack GOOGLE Interview
- PLACEMENT CRITERIA FOR HCL INFOSYSTEMS Ltd.
- Sony Placement Criteria
- Recruitment Process of Accenture