TCS stand for Tata Consultancy Services. It is the one of the top 10 technology firms of the world and is the subsidiary of TATA Group. TCS is the global leader in IT Services, Consulting and Business Solutions Partner. TCS is the name that comes in the minds of people passing their engineering degree to start their career. Many students are recruited at TCS every year and thus is one of the leading companies which offer placements for the fresher graduates. So as the career at TCS, world class facilities with suitable environment for the growth is offered here in the organisation. Let’s have a look how to become a integral part of such organisation including the placement criteria of TCS–
Eligibility Criteria to be placed in TCS as a Freshers:-
Following eligibility criterion are required to be fulfilled to get a job offer from TCS. Given below are the details of the TCS recruitment of candidates from different streams-
1. Information Technology Dept.(IT division)-
For applying candidates must have minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% or above in each of their Class 10th, Class 12th, Diploma (if applicable), Graduation and Post-Graduation examination which includes successful completion of final year/semester examination without any pending arrears/back logs during the entire course duration. (Please note that all subjects mentioned on the mark sheets should be taken into consideration while calculating the aggregate marks. For example, best of 5/6 subjects for calculating the aggregate is not acceptable as per the TCS Eligibility Criteria.)
2. Consulting and business process outsourcing dept. (BPO division)-
- B.A / BBA / B.Com / BSC (Physics,Chemistry,Maths,Computer Science) / BCS / BBM / M.Com / MA fresher’s are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have good Verbal & excellent Communication Skills.
- Candidates must be willing to work in any shifts including night shifts.
TCS Selection Procedure-
Described below is the complete selection procedure for the candidates fulfilling the placement criteria of TCS-
- Written Aptitude Test- No. of questions: 35 ,Time limit: 80 minutes , Negative marking: 1/3. Calculators can be allowed. For each wrong questions 0.33 marks will be deducted.
- Written Test consists following section-
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Aptitude
- Group Discussion –A topic will be given and you have to discuss about it with your group members for 15 -20 min.
- Technical Interview- In Technical round they will basically ask from your B.Tech project and some logic about C program, Matlab and basically whatever you written in your Resume.
- Management Interview- In this round they will check your managing power.
- HR Interview- It is very easy round. Here they will check your communication skills and your confidence.
So here we are making these guidelines to help you all to make your ways straight to TCS with this article on Placement Criteria of TCS.
Give your valuable feedbacks in the comments to help us to make this post more worthy and appropriate for you.