EXAM SYLLABUS FOR SAT TEST & WHAT IS A GOOD SCORE FOR SAT
EXAM SYLLABUS & GOOD SCORE FOR SAT EXAM
EXAM SYLLABUS & GOOD SCORE FOR SAT EXAM-So all those students who are gearing up for SAT exams I understand that you need to know and everything related to the test. But the most important of all is the exam syllabus. You definitely need to know about he exam syllabus in details. You will notice that this syllabus contains topics that you have already studied in your high school so the thing is that if you were good at studies in your high school then facing SAT shouldn’t be tough ..Get to know more about what is SAT exam . Also know more about the preparation of SAT examinations-SAT preparation – OurEdu BlogOurEdu Blog
FOR SAT CRITICAL READING SECTION-
SAT contains total three critical reading sections-
- Reading comprehension for 25mins
- Completion of sentences for 25mins
- Critical reading paragraph length for 20mins
FOR SAT MATHEMATICAL SECTION-
SAT contains total three sections for maths-
- Algebra and its functions for 25mins
- Statics Geometry for 20mins
- Data analysis and Probability for 20mins
FOR SAT WRITING SECTION-
SAT writing has three sections for writing-
- Essay writing for 25mins
- Multiple Choice section for 25mins and 10 mins
Find out about the sample papers for SAT practice and mock papers to get a clear idea and excel better–
WHAT IS A GOOD SCORE FOR SAT EXAM
This SAT exam consists of two sections –1)Reading & Writing,2) Mathematics. With both the sections scored on a range from 200 to 800 with the highest on 1600.
The scores gained by a student represents the comparison with other students who took the test as well. If you want to know the average score it would be 1000 out of 1600 but anything above 1200 would be considered a very good score for SAT exam. The maximum or highest that can be scored is 1600.
Get to know about maths sample papers and more of mock papers for practice-
HOW TO SCORE GOOD IN SAT EXAM?
Improving on the SAT score might not seem easy but if you follow certain guidelines along with efforts and hardwork it will be become easy and quite scoring as well.
- Choose a precise answer to all questions and try to answer in less complicated sentences with use of clear words.
- There are certain questions in SAT that asks for No Change options and that might be quite tricky for you. Be very careful about all the grammatical errors and try to avoid if any.
- For essay writing at least write two pages so that it could cover almost all important points and try to write your essay focusing on the author’s given techniques .
- Always mention an intro that points out your thesis and the flow of the essay. As this would reflect your organizational skills while writing. Do not forget to mention a conclusion to give a final wrap up for the essay. That means your first and last paragraph should be the best of all.
- If you are quite slow paced with reading passages then the best advice could be skim the passages in between . This strategy means reading of first and last para with focus on first and last sentences as that will help you to write answers with the main points.
- For the maths geometry section you might find diagrams that will help you find logical answers and you could make the safe choice.
- Skip the tough questions that might be eating up your time and focus more on the easier questions you can answer better.
- Finish off with double checking your answer sheets as that would control all the careless mistakes.
The results for SAT exam are given out within 4- 5 weeks of the test and can be accessed online and students can also send out their scores to the colleges seeking admissions. If the students want they might cancel the score or hold it back from sending.