Ericsson is one of Sweden’s largest companies, is a provider of telecommunications equipment, data communication systems, and related services covering a range of technologies including mobile networks. Ericsson has offices and operations in more than 180 countries, with more than 17,700 staff in Sweden, Brazil, China, India, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, the UK and the US. In this section we have provided the latest Ericsson placement papers with the placement process of Ericsson. Questions has been selected from the previous recruitment process and from the companies authorities.
Ericsson hires bright and dynamic graduates who are eager to make a career in the field of Telecommunications.
Ericsson Placement Procedure
It consists of 3 stages
- Group Discussion Round
Ericsson Placement papers
1. Negative resistance characteristics is exhibited by a
a) Zener diode b) Schottky diode c) photo diode d) Tunnel diode
2. Let En and Ep, respectively, represent the effective Fermi levels for electrons and holes during current conduction in a semiconductor. For lasing to occur in a P-N junction of band-gap energy 1.2 eV, (En – Ep) should be
a) greater than 1.2eV b) less than 1.2eV c) equal to 1.1eV d) equal to 0.7eV
3.In a P-well fabrication process, the substrate is
a) N-type semiconductor and is used to build P-channel MOSFET
b) P-type semiconductor and is used to build P-channel MOSFET
c) N-type semiconductor and is used to build N-channel MOSFET
d) P-type semiconductor and is used to build N-channel MOSFET
4.In a MOS capacitor with n-type silicon substrate, the Fermi potential ¢ = -0.41 V and the flat-band voltage Vfb = 0V. The value of the threshold voltage Vt is
a) -0.82 V b) -0.41 V c) 0.41 V d) 0.82
5. The electric field component of a uniform plane wave propagating in a lossless magnetic dielectric medium is given by E(t,z)=ax 5cos(10^9 t – 20/3 z)V/m. If ?0 represents the intrinsic impedance of the free space, the corresponding magnetic field component is given by
a) H(t,z)= ay 5/2 ?0 cos(10^9t – 20/3 z)A/m
b) H(t,z)= ay 10/ ?0 cos(10^9t – 20/3 z)A/m
c) H(t,z)= az 5/2 ?0 cos(10^9t – 20/3 z)A/m
d) H(t,z)= az 10/ ?0 cos(10^9t – 20/3 z)A/m
6. if the sides of a square is increases by 25% what will be the percentage increase in the area?
7. one quality of wheat Rs.9.30 per kg is mixed with another quality of wheat Rs. 10.80 per kg then what will be the ratio in which they must be mixed so that the net cost is Rs. 10 per kg?
8. If 12 men shakes hand from each other then what will be the total no. of hand shakes?
9. Ajit invested Rs 35000 for 8 months and Manjit invested Rs 42000 for 10 months. On a profit of Rs 31570 Ajit share is?
10. Given following sequence, find the next term in the series:
(i) 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 12, 20, 16, ____ Ans: 12
(ii) 3, 6, 13, 26, 33, 66, ___ Ans: 53
11. Which of the following operator is not used in Outer Join?
12. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each. Last digit is 3 times the first one. 3 rd digit is 3 less than the second.4 th digit is 4 more than the second one. Find the digit.
Ans : 25296.
13. In a soap company a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day u have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured?
14. A family I know has several children. Each boy in this family has as many sisters as brothers but each girl has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many brothers and sisters are there?
Ans: 4 boys and 3 girls
15. The UNIX shell ….
a) does not come with the rest of the system
b) forms the interface between the user and the kernel
c) does not give any scope for programming
d) does not allow calling one program from with in another
e) all of the above
16. Output of the following program is
e) Syntax error
17. What is the output in the following program
unsigned int u =-16;
e) None of these
18. A jogger wants to save ?th of his jogging time. He should increase his speed by how much %age.
Ans: 33.33 %
19. A is an integer. Dividing 89 & 125 gives remainders 4 & 6 respectively. Find a ?
20. we travelled to a place at the rate of 10 miles per hour and of course returned the same way, but owing to less traffic at the rate of 15 miles per hour. What was our relative speed?
Ans : 5 miles per hour
Ericsson Placement Criteria