About Medicine : Medicine (also referred to as standard, orthodox, scientific, or thought medication, particularly in reference to medicine, is that the field of engineering associated with the art of healing by identification, treatment, and bar of malady. It encompasses a spread of health care practices evolved to take care of and restore health by the bar and treatment of health problem in masses.
Contemporary medication applies medical specialty sciences, medical specialty analysis, biology and medical technology to diagnose, treat, and forestall injury and malady, usually through medication or surgery, however additionally through therapies as various as psychotherapy, external splints, traction, prostheses, biologics, prescribed drugs, radiation among others. Medical accessibility and clinical apply varies across the globe because of regional variations in culture and technology. Fashionable scientific medication is extremely developed within the Western world, whereas in developing countries like components of Africa or Asia, the population might believe additionally heavy on ancient medication with restricted proof and effectivity and no needed formal coaching for practitioners.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Mumbai :
1. Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital : Based in 1926, the Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College(GSMC) and therefore the King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital area unit amongst the foremost teaching and treatment providing establishments in India. The medical college provides coaching to regarding 2000 students in undergraduate, postgraduate and superspeciality medical courses in undergraduate and postgraduate physical therapy, Masters and Ph.D. courses in numerous allied specialties. A nursing college is also maintained by these establishments. With regarding 390 workers physicians and 550 resident doctors, the 1800 bedded hospital treats regarding 1.8 million out-patients and 85,000 in-patients annually and provides each basic care and advanced treatment facilities altogether fields of medication and surgery. Funded chiefly by the Municipal Corporation of Bombay, these establishments render yeomen service – nearly freed from value – principally to the poor sections of the society.
Address : Acharya Donde Marg, Parel,Mumbai – 400012
Website : www.kem.edu
Phone : 022-24136051
2. Topiwala National Medical College : Since 1920 the city of Bombay had just one medical college, the Grant Medical college. India was below British rule and naturally the college was managed by British. No Indian doctors were appointed no matter their educational background and skill. This was the time once the country was within the throes of the independence movement. native nationalistic leaders felt that the town ought to have a medical college that’s established solely with facilities of regionally generated funds while not taking any help from British rulers. Through donations from the Tilak Swaraj Funds, on the fourth of Gregorian calendar month 1921, the National Medical school was established this faculty started performing at the ribbon Lane, Byculla. The foundation fathers needed to coach doctors World Health Organization may serve not solely through hospitals, however would additionally reach bent on the community. Incidentally piece of writing was an obligatory a part of the programme in our college. As, in those days, even the colleges were controlled by British the founders attached the establishment to the college of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay and therefore the 1st batch of scholars was admitted for its scholarly person health care provider (LMP) course.
Address : Dr. A. L. Nair Road,Mumbai – 400008
Website : www.tnmcnair.com
Phone : 022-23027000
3. Grant Medical College : In 1835, Sir Robert Grant, the then Governor of Bombay, visualised a scientific and scientific institution in Bombay for transmission comprehensive health care and medical coaching. The muse stone of Grant Medical college was set on 30 March 1843 and it had been opened on 1 Nov. 1845 admitting the primary batch of eight students. Sir Jamshetjee Jejeebhoy came forward with a unstinted donation of rupees 100000 for institution of a hospital, as clinical drugs can not be learnt within the category rooms, however by the particular treatment of the patients World Health Organization area unit admitted to the hospital hooked up to the medical college. The muse stone of Sir J. J. Hospital was set on 3 Jan 1843 and therefore the inauguration occurred on 15 november 1845. Later several philanthropists gave handsome donation to develop numerous departments that fashioned Sir J. J. cluster of Hospital because it stands nowadays.
Website : WWW.gmcjjh.org/
4. Padmashree Dr.D.Y. Patil Dental Collegel and Hospital : Once the aim is to confirm that the lamp of education glows bright, the results area unit however self- evident. The D. Y. Patil University forays into education and tending extend back to over twenty years and nowadays stand as benchmarks that others shoot for to emulate. The university homes in its extent a number of the leading institutes of upper learning and features a culture of commitment, transparency and cooperation. The hallmark of the continued success is that the name that the Vidyapeeth has, of being a information centre that generates and supports exceptional levels of chance and initiative. Vision To provide quality altogether spheres of upper learning generally and Health Services especially to all or any together with those within the rural and concrete areas of the state, keeping seeable the social group wants within the international context. Mission To impart and circulate information, develop competencies and additionally to produce for analysis and Development within the rising areas of Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Business Management, welcome Management, Liberal Education, Teacher’s Education, Sports etc.
Address : Sector 15, Plot no 50 , CBD Belapur, Navi Bombay 400614
Website : www.dypatil.in
Phone : 022-39486000
5. Rajiv Gandhi Medical College : It offers the MBBS course, that features a 4½ + one year period. The institute has sixty seats for MBBS that is that the lowest within the state amongst government medical colleges and offers a lot of personal attention to every aspiring doctor. The CSMH hospital is provided with over five hundred beds, and a number of speciality departments that embrace medical science, medicine, Otorhinolaryngology, medical specialty, medical specialty, gynecology, Psychiatry, Chest drugs, TB, physical therapy, medical specialty, Veneroleprology, HIV. The others being Surgery, Medicine, Pathology, biological science, medical specialty, pharmacological medicine, Anatomy, organic chemistry, Physiology, odontology. Preventive and Social drugs. the college will provide pg courses however solely Hertz credentials courses as of currently in field of medical science, medicine, Otorhinolaryngology, medical specialty, medical specialty , gynecology, Psychiatry, Chest drugs , TB, medical specialty, Veneroleprology. this dean is Dr. C. MAITRA World Health Organization is that the head of department of physiology,shes additionally the member of board of physiology-ELSEVIER. The hospital features a large patient population chiefly from the poor areas of Thane, Kalwa, Diva, Mumbra, Mulund, Nahur, Kanjurmarg, Vikroli and Bhandup.
Address : Kalwa, Dist. Thane 400605
Phone : 022-25348790
6. Nair Hospital Dental College : Fortunately, at this point Dr AL Nair, the person, on that we tend to area unit settled nowadays, is additionally named came into the image. He was the man of affairs of the Powell and Co. dealing in medical and equipments. He named the hospital after his mother Tibeto-Burman Yamunabai Laxman Nair. He additionally given funds to run the hospital. Incidentally, the story goes that the cash given was from the income of the sale of land that was to build the close Bombay Central Station. Much later, Mr. MN Desai, popularly called Topiwala Desai, created a generous contribution of Rs. 5 lacs to the college that was then named when him because the Topiwala National Medical school. In 1946, the municipal corporation of the town of Bombay passed a resolution usurping the college and therefore the hospital and acknowledging the high standards of education and therefore the robust support from the Municipal Corporation, the Bombay University additionally attached the dual establishments.
Address : Dr. A. L. Nair Road, Bombay – 400008
Phone : 022-23027000
7. RA Podar Ayurved Medical College : Podar Ayurved Institute includes R.A.Podar Medical college and M.A.Podar Ayurvedic hospital. It had been established by an agreement between the donors ‘Podar’ and therefore the Govt of Bombay in 1941. In the last sixty years the institute has reached to the state wherever it’s recognized because the best institute for Ayurved in India. It’s still rendering its services to the poor persons within the society and at the same time spreading the holy information of Ayurved through out the globe. It’s past is outstanding and future is bright.
The institute started conducting the graduation courses below the heading of D.A.S.F. in 1942. In 1971 with C.C.I.M.’s permission B.S.A.M. course was started and therefore the school got the affiliation of ‘University of Bombay’. This B.A.M.S. course was started in 1973 below Bombay University, each year sixty students get probability to find out ‘Ayurved-the science of life’ during this prestigious institute. Since 1983 the school is additionally conducting M.D. / M.S. (post-graduate courses) courses successfully. Nearly 20-25 students per annum perform there post graduate studies in numerous subjects like Kayachikitsa, Shalya, Shalakya in this oldest institute. It’s approved center for hydrogen ion concentration.D. studies within the field of Ayurved.
Website : www.ayurvedinstitute.com
8. Terna Medical College : Terna Medical college is recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi (MCI) and is attached to Maharashtra University of Health Science(MUHS) ,Nashik. Terna Medical College as a beginning towards coming up with a Career in drugs and securing your future. Terna Medical college (M.U.H.S.) Nashik. As a battlefront leader within the field of medication and our graduates area unit serving the society globally. From its earlier days Terna Medical College (TMC) has continually aimed to realize a name of excellence in health education. The course provides a awfully thorough basis in Health Sciences, Practitioner subjects, Research, skilled and Clinical follow skills.
Terna Medical College (TMC) tends to acknowledge that everybody has totally different wants, circumstances and ambitions therefore the college tends to aim to form your study as enticing, versatile and bountied as potential. Whichever course you select to check at Terna Medical college(TMC), their is a assureance you a bountied period of time carter additionally because the chance to ascertain new relationship.
Address : Sector No – 12, section No – II, Nerul Navi Bombay Pin no -400706
Website : www.ternamedical.org
Phone No : 022-27720563
9. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Medical College : The Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Mission Trust is that the parent body of MGMIHS that was established in 1982 by Hon. Shri Kamalkishore Kadam with a artistic movement vision to produce qualitative education by applying innovative and dynamic pedagogic techniques. Since origin, the Trust has centered on providing Health Care Services, college Education and better Education with dedication and commitment. The MGM Trust was established in Nanded, Maharashtra and within the course of your time it extended its services to Aurangabad, Navi Bombay and Parbhani in Maharashtra and Noida [New Delhi] in state. A chain of faculties, Engineering, design, Medical, Nursing, Management, Computer Science, IT, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Fine Arts and Journalism stand testimony to the endeavours of the Trust.
All these establishments area unit run below the in a position steerage of Shri Kamalkishore Kadam, M.Tech. (IIT-Mumbai), Chairman of the Trust and Ex-Minister of Education, Maharashtra and therefore the trustees Shri Ankushrao N. Kadam (B.E.), Dr. P.M. Jadhav (FRCS, U.K.), Dr. S.N. Kadam (FRCP, Edin.), Dr. Nitin N. Kadam (MD, DCH) and Shri U.N. Kadam (B.E). The establishments below MGM Trust have achieved a mark of excellence in their several areas over the years.
Address : MGM field, Sector 1, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai-410209, Maharashtra State (India)
Website : www.mgmuhs.com
10. KJ Somaiya Medical College : The K. J. Somaiya Medical College may be a personal Medical school closely-held and managed by the Somaiya Medical Trust. It’s settled within the Somaiya Ayurvihar advanced that is found on a 22.5 acre field within the heart of town of Bombay at Sion on japanese categorical route. The tree of Medical college has grown big over the years and currently has around a 145 qualified teachers and 104 Resident Doctors operating in twenty one well equipped departments. The school runs Undergraduate course of MBBS and Postgraduate Courses in Pediatrics(M.D.) and medical specialty and gynecology (M.S.). It’s attached to ‘The Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik. A Teaching Hospital of 500 beds within the same field serves to produce sensible expertise to Medical students, offers cheap tending services in numerous disciplines to society and participates in National Health Programmes.
The primary aim of the institute is ‘To be a number one supplier of skilled Medical Education within the Country, desegregation highest standards of educational excellence with ethics and spirituality and providing Health Care to the Society’.
Address : Somaiya Ayurvihar, japanese categorical route, Sion, Mumbai- 400022.
Website : www.somaiya.edu
Phone : 022-24090253