Cracking XAT (Xavier Admission Test) for admission to PG programs in management courses is like a dream come true for all those students who are preparing for it. XAT is an entrance exam of all India level. Candidates must prepare well in order to crack it. To help all interested applicants of XAT entrance exam we have set following XAT sample questions to guide them. XAT sample papers is given as as follows. You can also download the PDF provided at the end.
Sections of XAT Sample papers are as follows:
- Section 1- verbal ability
- Section 2– Quantitative Ability
- Section 3– Data Interpretation and Reasoning
- There are MULTIPLE choices per question.
You can check you preparation level be taking Online practice exam Here
Section A: Verbal ability
Directions for questions 1-10: Choose the word which is most nearly the SAME in meaning as the word or group of words given in capitals in each question.
D. Past tense of go
Directions for questions 11-20: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to correct the following sentences.
11. One of the most significant phenomenon’s of our time has been the development of cinema.
E. no correction required
12. Had you been told me about your problem, then I would have helped you.
A.If you would have told
B.Had you have told
C.had you told
D. you have been told
E.No correction required
13. It was until many years later that Gandhi became a rebel against authority.
A.It was not until many years
B.It was till many years
C.It was not many years
D.Until It was many years
E.No correction required
14. Anand has the guts to rise from the occasion and come out successfully.
A.in rising from
B.to raise with
C.to rise to
15. If you are thinking about investigation overseas, then isn’t it makes sense to find an experience guide?
A.it is not making
B.doesn’t it make
C.does it make
D.is it making
E.No correction required
16. This is one of the most important inventions of this century.
A.invention of this century
B.invention of these century
C.invention of centuries
D.invention of the centuries
17. The orator had been left the auditorium before the audience stood up.
A.had been leaving
E.No correction required
18. We must take it granted that Madhu will not come for today’s function.
A.take it for granted
B.taking it granted
C.took it as granted
D.have it granted
E.No correction required
19. The research study is an eye-opener and attempts to acquaint us with the problems of poor nations.
A.attempted to acquaint
B.attempts at acquainting
C.attempt to acquaint
20. He always stammers in public meetings, but his today’s speech …….
A.was fairly audible to everyone present in the hall
B.was not received satisfactorily
C.could not be understood properly
D.was not liked by the audience
E.was free from that defect
Directions :In the following questions choose the word which is most OPPOSITE in meaning of the word given in capitals
A. Forgetful B. Watchful
Section B: QUANTITATIVE ABILITY(XAT Sample papers)
1. A clock shows right time when it is at 8 a.m. The clock becomes 10 minutes fast every 24hours. What will be the true time when the the time is 1 p.m. on the following day?
1. 48 min. past 12
2. 38 min. past 12
3. 28 min. past 12
4. 25 min. past 12
2. find the missing member of this series? 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
3. Dinesh travelled 1200 km by air which is equal to 2/5 of his whole trip. he travelled by car for 1/3 of his whole trip and the rest of the journey by train. What was the total distance travelled by train?
4. A train which travels at a uniform speed due to some mechanical fault after traveling for an hour goes at 3/5th of the original speed and reaches the fianl destination and is late by 2hours.If the train would have travelled another 50 miles the train would have reached 40 min earlier. calculate the distnce between the two stations.
5: The average between a two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 9. calculate the difference betweent he digits of the number.
4. Cannot be determined
6: Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the tank in 40 mins.If all the three pipes are opened simultaneously find the time taken to fill the tank.
1. 20 mins
2. 8 mins
3. none of these
7: A person has 4 coins each of different denomination.how many different sums of money the person can have?
8: The simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years is 225 and the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate for 2 years is 153 then the principal invested is
9. A cow is tethered in the middle of a field with a 14 feet rope. If the cow is allowed to graze 100 sq. ft. per day, then in how much time will the cow graze the whole field?
1. 2 days
2. 6 days
3. 18 days
4. 24 days
5. None of these
10: 2 hours after a express train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at 16 km/hr average speed . After 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the first train. The average speed of the express train was?
11: The two colors seen at the extreme ends of the pH chart are:
1. Red and Blue
2. Red and Green
3. Green and Blue
4. Orange and Green
12. 8 15 24 35 48 63 _?
13: If a 4inch cube is painted on all the sides.and then the cube is cut into 1 inch cubes,then out of all the cubes how many cubes are not painted at all.
14: In the given figure, PA and PB are tangents to the circle at A and B respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC = 6 cm, and length of the tangent AP is 9 cm, calculte the length of the chord BC?
1. 4 cm
2. 8 cm
3. 6 cm
4. 5 cm
15. Find the average of first 40 natural numbers.
5. None of these
16: 2 numbers differ by 5.If their product is 336,then calculate the sum of the 2 numbers :
17: Which number is the odd one out? 9678 4572 5261 3527 7768
18: A mother has three sons and purchase three shirts of the same colour but of different size for them. All the three shirts were kept in a box in a room where there is no light. The three boys took one shirt each at random from the packets. What is the probability that none of the boys this own shirt?
19: If x=y and y=2z also xyz=256 then calculate the value of x?
20: A radio when sold has a gain of 20%. if sold for thrice the price then What will be the gain percent ?
21: x% of y is y% of ?
4. can’t be determined
22: If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 . Compute which of the following is the largest.
23: To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
24: working 9 hours a day, 30 men take 20 days to complete a job . How many hour a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
1. 8 hrs
2. 71/2 hrs
3. 7 hrs
4. 9 hrs
25: : A man can row downstream at 13 kmph and upstream at 8 kmph.The speed of the stream is?
1. 2.5 kmph
2. 4.2 kmph
3. 5 kmph
4. 10.5 kmph
26: A piece of cloth costs Rs 35. if the each meter cost Re 1 less and length of the piece would have been 4m longer, the cost would have been same. How long is the piece?
27: In a team of 12 persons, 2/3 are men and 1/3 are women. To obtain a team with 20% women how many men should be hired?
28: A and B can do a piece of work in 45 days and 40 days respectively. A and B began to do the work together but A leaves after some days and then the remaining work was completed by B in 23 days. The number of days after which A left the work was
29: Sam and Mala have a talk. Sam says I am certainly not over 40 Mala Says I am 38 and you are at least 5 years older than me • Now Sam says you are at least 39 .every statements by the two are false. what is their real ages?
1. Mala = 38 yrs, Sam =31 yrs.
2. Mala = 38 yrs, Sam = 41 yrs
3. Mala = 31 yrs, Sam = 41 yrs.
4. Mala = 45yrs, Sam = 41 yrs
30: In a row of children facing north Manish is fourth to the left of Suresh who is tenth from the left . now Nisha is second to the right of Suresh and eighth from the right end of the row. Calculate the Total number of children in a row?
5. None of these
31: On sports day, if 30 children were made to stand in a column, then16 columns could be formed. and If 24 children were made to stand in a column, total number of columns that could be formed?
32: The probability that a man will be alive for 25 years is 3/5 and the probability that his wife will be alive for 25 years is 2/3. calculate the probability that only the man will be alive for 25 years.
33: In a single throw of a dice, calculate the probability of getting a number greater than 4?
34: If every alternative letter starting from B of the English alphabet is written in small letter, and the rest all are written in capital letters, how the month “September” be written. (1) SeptEMbEr (2) SEpTeMBEr (3) SeptembeR (4) SepteMber (5) None of the above
35: After allowing a discount of 11.11% then a trader still makes a gain of 14.28 % .at how many precent above the cost price does he mark his goods?
4. None of these
36: Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the same in 40 mins.then If all of them work together, calculate the time taken to fill the tank.
1. 17 1/7 mins
2. 20 mins
4. 50 mins
37: There are 3 triplet brothers. John is the oldest , he always tells the truth. Jack is second , he always tells a lie. Joe is third, he either tells the truth or a lie. then Jimmie Dean went to visit them one day. and He was wondering who was who. then each person a question was asked . He asked the one who was sitting on the left: “He is John.” then He asked the one who was sitting in the middle: The answer was “I am Joe.” then He asked the one who was sitting on the right: The answer was “He is Jack.” finally Jimmie Dean got really confused. actually he asked 3 same questions, but for every question he got 3 different answers. which is surely not true?
1. left most is joe
2. middle is jack
3. right is john
4. middle is john
38: A / B = C; C > D then
1. A is always greater than D
2. C is always greater than D
3. B is always less than D
39: Consider the following statements: 1. The Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC) had recommended that the Department of Personnel of a State should be put under the charge of the Chief Secretary of the State. Chief Secretary of a State is not involved in any manner in the promotion of State Civil officers to the All-India Services. then Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1. Only 1
2. Only 2
3. Both 1 and 2
4. Neither 1 nor 2
40: Three years ago.The population of a town was 1,60,000 If it increased by 3%, 2.5% and 5% respectively in the last three years, calculate the present population of the town :
41. A, B and C are 3 pipes which can fill a tank from empty to full in 30, 20 and 10 minutes . When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened at a time. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions x,y and z respectively. then What is the proportion of the solution z in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
42. Alfred buys an old scooter for Rs. 4700 and he spends Rs. 800 on its repairs. now If he sells the scooter for Rs. 5800,calculate what is his gain percent:
1.4 (4/7) %
43.It was Sunday on Jan 1, 2006. then what day of the week Jan 1, 2010 was ?
44. A batsman scored 110 runs which included 8 sixes and 3 boundaries. What percent of his total score did he make by running between the wickets?
3. 54 (6/11) %
Section C: Data interpretation and Reasoning
1. In a certain code HOUSE is written as FTVPI, then what is the code for CHAIR?
2. How many meaningful words can be made from the letters AEHT, if we use each letter only once?
3. In the following question one term is wrong in the number series. Find out the wrong term.
8, 14, 26, 36, 98, 194, 386
4. A long rope has to be cut to make 23 small pieces. the rope is then double folded to start then with how many times does it need to be cut?
5. “He is the son of the daughter and the uncle of the daughter’s father .”a woman introduced a man and said this so How is the man related to the woman?
6. If the digits are arranged in ascending order,of the number 5726489 then how many digits will remain at the same position?
7. If blue means pink and pink means green and green means yellow and yellow means red and red means white then what is the color of turmeric?
8. 120, 99, 80, 63, 48, ?
9. Mara runs faster than Gail.Lily runs faster than Mara. Gail runs faster than Lily.
If the first two statements are true,what is the third statement ?
10. the total of the ages of Amar, Akbar and Anthony is 80 years. Then what was the total of their ages three years ago?
(A) 71 years
(B) 72 years
(C) 74 years
(D) 77 years
11.Janaki started from her house and walked 2 kms toward North. after that she took a right turn and covered one Kilometre .she took again a right turn and walked for 2kms . In What direction is she going ?
12.Sandhya walks straight from point A to B which is 2kms away. she turns left , at 90 % and walks 8kms to C, here she turns left again at 90 and walk 5 kms to D .AT D she turns left at 90 and walks for 8kms to E . How far is it ( in kms ) from A to E ?
13.A and B are sisters .R and S are brothers . A’S daughter is R’s sister. what is B’s relation to S ?
14.A ,B,C,D and E are sitting on a bench . A is sitting next to B ,C is sitting next to D, and D is not sitting with E,who is on the left end of the bench . C is on the second position from the right. A is on the right of B and E . A and C are sitting together . In which position is A sitting ?
Answer : Between B and C
15. A family has a man , his wife, their 4 sons and their wives. The family of every son also has 3 sons and daughter each . find out the total number of male members ::
Answer : 17
16.A statement is given followed by two conclusions/assumptions , I and II . you have to consider the statement to be true , even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts . you are to decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement :: Indicate your answer
statement : If he is intelligent , he will pass the examination .
Assumptions : 1. To pass, he must be intelligent 2. He will pass the examination .
Ans: Only 1 is implicit
17. A statement is given followed by two conclusions/assumptions , I and II . you have to consider the statement to be true , even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts . you are to decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement :: Indicate your answer
statement : Physical exercise is necessary for good health.
conclusion : I .John plays tennis at age seventy
II .men with irregular habits have to go to hospital Ans : Niether I nor II follows
18. From the given alternative words, choose the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word PRESIDENTIAL ::
19. A word given in capital Letters is followed by four answer words. and Out of these only one can be formed by using the letters of the given word . Find out that word :: ENVIRONMENT
20. If BROTHER is coded as 2456784 and SISTER is coded as 919684 , what is the code for ROBBERS ?
Ans : 4522849
21. In a coding system , PEN is written as NZO and BARK as CTSL . How can we write PRANK in that coding system ? ::
22.. Select the missing number from the given responses :: 5 5 2
2 4 2
8 3 10
30 40 ?
23. Select the missing number from the given responses :: 5 5 2
2 4 1
8 3 10
30 40 ?
24. choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series :: 3691 , 6931 , 9361 ,3691 ,?
25. choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series :: 3 , 28 , 4 , 65 , 5 , 126 , 6, ?
Ans : 217
26. choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series ::
3 , 15 , ?, 63, 99, 143
Ans : 35
27. choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series ::
W Y V ?, IKH , BDA
Ans : PRO
28. Which one set of the letters when sequertially placed at the gaps in the given letter series Shall complete it? ::
.a _ n _b _ neb _neb
Ans : b c a b a b
29. Arrange the following words in a meaningful order ::
Ans. 4, 3,1,5,2
30. Arrange the following words in a meaningful order ::
Ans. 3, 1,2,4,5
Click to Download some more
Share your views with us for further improvement of this post. So that we can help you in a more better way to enhance your practice.
All the Best for your Examination…!!!