Chapterwise Class X Chemistry Formulas12:04 pm
Class X chemistry formulas
Class X chemistry formulas basic syllabus of Chemistry in class 10th comprises of ‘Chemical Reactions and equations’,’ Acids, bases and salts’ and ‘Metals and Non – metals’. The formulae pertaining to these chapters are given below:
Chapterwise Class X Chemistry Formulas:-
- Ideal Gas Law: PV=nRT where, n=number of moles and R=Universal gas constant
- Combined Gas Law : (P1V1)/T1=(P2V2)/T2
- Boyle’s Law: P1V1=P2V2
- Charles Law: V1/T1=V2/T2
- Gay Lussac’s Law: P1/T1=P2/T2
where P= pressure of the gas, T= temperature and V=volume of the gas
Now, defining Diffusion, whih is the rate at which two gases mix.Some of the laws based on diffusion are given below:
- Graham’s Law of Diffusion: The rate of diffusion of a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of their density or molar mass of the gas. Mathematically,
Diffusion rate 2/ Diffusion rate 1= (Molar mass 1/ molar mass 2)^ (1/2)
Effusion is defined as the rate at which gases escape through the pin hole.
- Effusion rate= (1/density)^ (1/2)
Concentration is the ratio of solute and solvent. Concentration can be measured using molarity, molality and mole fraction; where;
Molarity=It is the ratio of moles of solute to the litres of solution. Its unit is moles/litre.
Molality=It is the ratio of moles of solute to the kilogram of solution. Its unit is moles per kilogram..
Dilution, in contrast to concentration is defined as the diluting of a solution i.e. adding more solvent to the solution without adding more solute to the solution.
where, M1= Molarity of solution before dilution
V1= Volume of solution before dilution
M2= Molarity of solution after dilution V2= Volume of solution after dilution
Now, the relation between the mole and grams is defined as:
1 mole= molecular weight of substance in grams
Henderson-Hasselbalch equation :
[A-] = concentration of conjugate base [HA]= concentration of the acid.
These are some important formulae that are needed to be kept in mind.
You may also like to visit :-
- Class X Chemistry Sample Paper of Andhra Pradesh Board
- Class X Physics Sample Paper of Andhra Pradesh board
- Maths Class X sample Paper of Andhra Pradesh Board
- Class X Physical Science sample Paper of Andhra Pradesh Board
- For more board sample papers Click Here
Users can give their views in comment section so as to improve the article