Uses of PMP certification
PMP certification exam is for verifying and validating for the tasks of project management in a furnished and experienced hands who can easily handle the issues of project management. The course and contents of PMP certification exam are related to this mission. Knowing the objectives or the mission of the PMP certification exam will help you to gain confidence for this exam. Proper documentation of the questions and their answers is needed by any candidate. PMP Certification exam comprises of 200 questions which are to be answered in four hours. You must follow some sample papers and try to solve 25 questions in half an hour.
Sections in PMP exam:-
The PMP certification exam is certified by PMI or the project management institute. The questions are made in six different sections. Moreover the exam is broken down in different modules and the list of the name of the topic and percentages of questions are described as follows:-
- Project Initiating— 11 %
- Project Planning— 23%
- Project Execution– 27%
- Project Monitoring and Controlling— 21%
- Project Closing— 9%
- Professional and social Responsibility—9%
Some sample questions for PMP exam:-
1. A project manager spent some days to create a multi page document, which he called project charter. The document should have been issued by the project sponsor. The sponsor found the document out sized and asked for a condensed document.
Which of the following is usually not an element of the project charter?
- The authority level of the project manager
- Detailed control account and work package descriptions
- The business need and the project was undertaken to address
- High level risks
2. Which document is created by decomposing the project scope into smaller and more manageable elements?
- Scope Statement
- Network Logic Diagram
- Work breakdown Structure
- Request Change
3. Which of the following tool is used to create a risk management plan?
- Risk planning meeting
- Documentation Review
- Data Precision Rankings
- Diagramming Techniques
4. In order to speed up a project, you made a decision to fast-track a phase currently performed with five team members, and another one which was planned to begin in four weeks time with another five team members.
Which of the following activities should you do first?
- Make sure that all exit criteria of the consecutive phase have been met to ensure the flow of communications in a team situation which is more complex than a factor of 2.
- Make sure that all entry criteria of the previous phase have been met by planning and performing a phase gate meeting to assess technical aptness.
- Make sure that all entry criteria of the previous phase have been met by planning and performing a phase gate meeting to assess technical performance
- Restructure your team and delegate tasks in order to ensure the flow of communications in a team with the number of communication channels increased by a factor of 4.5.
5. A project manager has been asked to support an internal project requested by developing a business case.
What kind of information is the person expected to provide in the document?
- The detailed information from a business standpoint to determine whether bidding for the customer project will be successful.
- The detailed information from a project management standpoint to determine whether the project will be successful.
- The detailed information from a technical standpoint to determine whether the project will be successful.
- The necessary information from a business standpoint to determine whether the project is worth the investment.
To know the answers of the above questions download the Answers of the sample question paper