ABOUT THE COURSE
The Xavier Aptitude Test X.A.T. is an all-India test held by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) is an entrance exam for admission to the various post graduate programs in management courses of several institutes across India.
- XLRI Jamshedpur holds 240 seats in BM (Business Management) and PMIR (Personnel Management and Industrial Relations) programmes and 120 seats in 15 months full-time residential GMP (General Management Program). The PMIR program has been renamed as HRM (Human Resource Management). Other than XLRI, 60 other institutes accept XAT scores for selection of candidates to their respective programmes.
Pattern of the exam
- XAT is a three hour long exam.
- It is categorised into an initial section of two hours and twenty minutes
- Comprises of multiple-choice questions that tests :
- Quantitative Ability (Mathematics),
- Verbal Ability (English)
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning skills
- 40 minute for General Awareness questions and an Essay type questions.
- The XAT is more or less similar to the CAT(COMMON ADMISSION TEST) conducted by the various IIMs( Indian Institutes of Management except that the CAT exams has no Essay type and General Awareness parts.
Eligibility for the exam:
- The candidate appearing must be a graduate from a renowned or deemed University.
- The candidates still pursuing their bachelors or graduates course and are in the final year can also apply for XAT.
Test duration for various sections:
- Decision Making : 140 minutes 25 questions
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation :140 minutes 36 questions
- Verbal and Logical Ability :140 minutes 30 questions
- Essay & General Awareness: 40 minutes,30 questions approx based on current affairs
- Negative Marking: 25% marks for each question
- Number of options: 5
Top Colleges under XAT
- SP JAIN
Institutes using XAT Score
Use XAT Score for the admission and short listing candidates for their admission.
The candidates who desire to join XAT Member Institutes follow the steps mentioned below:
- Register for XAT at its website.
- Obtain the Application Form after registration process is completed online by making required payment. More details can be obtained from the respective colleges website or their Admissions office. Follow the registration/application procedure they ask for.
- Candidates appearing may note that XLRI does not ascertain quality of the degree or programme(s) offered by other XAT Associate Institutions.
- Each institution independently decides the valuation to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its requirements.
- XLRI does not play any part in selection of the candidates in these institutes
- All the payments made for registration process for XAT and other institutes cannot be refunded.
- The scorecard of XAT of each candidate in XAT are mailed individually to all the candidates.
- The result of XAT are declared in last week of January.
1. (Ams) Academic For Management Studies
This is the best XAT coaching institute in Kozhikode. This institute consists of the best faculty members who gives quality guidance and coaching to the students.
- Phone- 0495 – 2367412
- Address:- 4th Floor, Beegum Cmplx, Uks Road,, Calicut- 673001 2. Career Launcher
- This institute has maintained a good reputation in coaching the students in different entrance examinations. Moreover many students have cleared the exams who got guidance from this institute.
- Phone:- 8113088088
- Address:- No. 39/4083-A, Krishnanjali Building, Sannidhi Road, Ravipuram, Cochin – 682016
- Contact Person: Lakshmi Mahajankatti
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Hours: Monday – Sunday: 9 AM – 7 PM
Although we have tried to bring best coaching centers for XAT in Kozhikode through oureducation research and this research was conducted in June 2014 but by the time you decide to take admission in best coaching centre for XAT in Kozhikode, teachers and management of coaching may change so for updated information please mail with contact number ( your number is safe with us) at our email id email@example.com.. You can also ask in comment section at bottom of page.