A project manager is well knowledgeable about the industry and has the potential to understand the problems of both the parties. It is handled by managing the constraints of that project and ability to adapt different procedures which are the requirement of the client party. The name itself describes it all about the tasks and responsibilities for completing a project. He/she possess that much of authority which is required to assign, monitor and decide for the tasks required for completion of the project.
Skills of a project manager which are required by the organization:-
Project management professionals have the potential to manage the project single handedly. PMI certification helps them to learn the skills of managing the tasks which are important to conceive a project successfully. The following core skills are required for a project manager:-
- The project manager highly needs to have a good knowledge on the cross functional knowledge. The areas of production, quality and managing departments are typical and complicated. They don’t need to work in all these fields but if they have good knowledge regarding these fields then it would be easier for them to understand the role of these departments in the projects.
- One important thing is that it is better to have a technical person if the project is technical. A project manager needs to understand the design and specification process of the project. He/she must be a logistics expert or specialists in this area. An excellent market research and market plan projects can be handled by only a good project manager.
- Project managers must possess superior organizational skills. The skills which are frequently needed in any organization are planning for a task, chalking out the solution for a risk in the project, deciding about the project with the client, handling the issues of the team members etc.
- Project managers must be friendly, intelligent and intellectual and also a fast problem solver. If any issue erupts then it must be eliminated from the project. At that moment a fast decision is required from the project manager which will give a positive feedback about the project. He/she must be a good motivator because motivation leads to focus the team members towards the project goal.
- The leadership skill is a mandatory skill for each and every project manager. It leads to a good leader and results in excellent project completion with proper satisfaction from the upper level to the lower level of any organization.